Sat 27th July - Sids Task Week Nympsfield

 We arrived at the club quite late Friday night, so putting up the tents and going to the pub was our priority!

We were therefore up early to rig JDP and DD3, (230 Pete Startup had done his Friday afternoon).
Briefing was at 10am and a 120k task was set to Wantage and return. 

Briefing (Sally Hender)

The grid started launching at just after 11am, with JDP (Dan Hender), 230 (Pete Startup) and DD3 (Phil Morrison and JB) near the rear and not getting airborne until pushing 12.00!

Might take a while to cut the grass on the airfield (Sally Hender)

JDP
"I took a climb from the winch launch to about 2000ft, not really as high as I wanted, but decided to go straight into the task as I was getting on for the latest time I ideally wanted to start. I messed up slightly at the turn point, as I left a thermal to head towards 230 who was already in another, but he then left it as I was heading towards him, putting me lower on a downwind turn point.

I had final glide at 35k out, but was getting near airspace, which I would have descended into, so moved on, but managed to get back in average lift. My aim based on the forecast, was to get back to the airfield at 1:30pm, (2pm at the latest). However, I got back at 1:33pm! Enjoyable day, a shame it didn’t last longer." Dan Hender

230
"Slow to get away from NYM and spent the rest of the task playng catch up - shoud have restarted really." Pete Startup

We were back at the cafe by 2:30, for a coffee and chat, a game of pool in the clubhouse, and then pub again in the evening! A nice way to spend a Saturday. - Sally Hender