Sat 27th July

A quick visit to the club for me, Eagle varios to look at and trailer fittings to check. It was a very quiet club that greeted me when I arrived late morning. I knew Sid’s task week at Nympsfield had claimed a few but there was an almost absence of tyro customers for James F. Instead there was some check flying for the likes of Stuart Procter and Andrew Broderick with Martin Woolner doing some coaching with others including Shaun Dayman.


With James having just done a few simulated launch failure walks back down the field, I was happy to step in a do some with Gill Morrison. Gill is returning to regular flying after a 'teenager-sized gap'. The day was perfect with light winds and after some good checks I was delighted to be able let Gill go soaring on her own!

 

Gill Morrison resoloes at North Hill (John Pursey)

 

 

Congratulations Gill

The weather was intermittently quite good and a steady stream of visitors had some introductory flights. Alan Turner pushed his B4 out as did Wyn Davies with his LS7 but neither were really lucky with their launch time dice roll. Gill solo and Eagle bits done I snuck off for domestic credits leaving that instructing machine that is James F still powering away! - John Pursey