Friday 27th June - Tip-toeing to the Glacier Blanc

I set off at mid-day from Barcelonnette, with some local ridge soaring to gain height. Went North along a ridge I knew and then into new territory. First error found me making for a land-out at Mont-Dauphin - Saint-Crépin, as I came off the wrong side of a ridge. Once in the valley I soon found a strong climb back to cloud base and the task was still on. I resolved to keep high, so progress was slow, as I took most climbs that offered themselves. 
Glacier Blanc
Arrived the wrong side of the ridge at the Glacier and spent 20 minutes going 5 kms. Eventually I worked it out and flew amongst the crags and gullies until I could get over the glacier, as high as the cloudbase would let me.
Glacier Blanc
After spending what seemed ages getting to the Glacier, I then had some ridge soaring south to the Lac Sainte Croix and played on the Parcour until landing at 7pm.
Lac Sainte Croix
Awesome views and a great outing for my second day of cross country in the Alps.- Wyn