Wed 28th & Thurs 29th July

Midweek flying was quiet after the recent hot weather, with 27 launches on Wednesday of up to 30 mins, and after a bit of rain, the wind picked up strongly and the evening flying had to be cancelled. 

On Thursday there were 46 launches with some reasonable soaring in the short weather window in the middle of the day.  It was good to see Ron back in the air getting checked out with Wooly. Pete Startup made it to Eaglescott and back and there were several local soaring flights of 2 hours. 

Launch point (David Clements)

Pete Startup "  Based on the forecast, I hadn't planned anything today other than just fly in the small weather window it suggested would be available. Although it didn't look it at the time, it was quite soarable and I could see a sea breeze convergence setting up towards Exmoor so I thought I'd bimble up that way and play in that. Wasn't great when I got there and didn't run very far before fizzling out but as I was heading West anyway and there seemed to be a few better looking Cu on track I just kept going to Eaglescott. Bit spread out around there so I just followed the, by now fairly overcast, energy line home."