Tue 21st May - Club Week

 How do I spend my day off? I asked myself this morning….. I know I could sit at the end of the airfield and log!!!! Again!!! 

Junior and Eurofox (Simon Leeson)

 This morning started with a repeat of yesterday, walking the gliders to the west end of the airfield. Tom Sides started the flying at 11am with his BI revalidation with Simon Leeson. Followed by Rob Hender and George Sanderson in the K21 with Mike Sloggett. 

A rare sight Stuart Procter in a Junior (Simon Leeson)


 At 11:30am the private owners started trying their luck, first off Dave Perriam (DG1) who had his parachute this time! Mark Layton (477), Barbie Fairclough (DFK) and John Borland (FAJ) were hot on his heels!

Dave Perriam DG1 (Simon Leeson)

Flying continued all day, I even got half an hour courtesy of Mike which I loved, first time thermalling with other gliders, unfortunately I couldn’t tell who they were (FZF and KEK)!

Sally Hender leaving her post to enjoy some thermals with Mike Sloggett (Sally Hender)

Flying continued until 5pm by which time everyone has flown, Barbie being the last to come back after a 4 hour 6 min flight. Everything was packed away, minutes before a hail shower at 5:30pm. - Sally Hender