16th - 29th May - Fayence

On 16 May I made it to the Pique de Bure for the first time.. Resisting the temptation to take every climb is quite hard , but with the valley breeze well established I enjoyed long glides over the mountains, and the final glide was established 70 k from Fayence- but I couldn't resist a strong climb on the return, which gave me the height for a sight seeing glide past Grasse towards Nice, and back to the airfield.
Pic de Bure (Wyn Davies)
After exploring the nearest outstanding fields from the air during previous flights,  on 20th May I found myself caught in some horrendous sink and made my way to La Mure. I couldn't understand where any lift was and landed comfortably in the field (with windsock ). My retrieve was the tug pilot, who came in the evening, giving me plenty of time to enjoy a leisurely French lunch and explore the area by the river and lake on foot.
La Mure (Wyn Davies)
21-29 May I flew to see the glacier Blanc, and explored some new mountains and routes.
Glacier Blanc (Wyn Davies)
Fayence is another great Alps club to fly from, with the warmth of Provence and the Alps in range. Lots to do apart from flying, with good walks/cycles, and the Gorges du Verdon, 
Verdun Gorges (Wyn Davies)
 and Cote d'Azure to be explored from above and by land. - Wyn and Marie