Tuesday 31 January - New Zealand

We had a great few days at Omarama with Justin and Gillian, two good flying days in Duo Discus RW.
Day one up to Mount Cook and down to Mount Aspiring some times down in the valleys other times at 14,000ft.
Day two strong NE wind,  wave to over 22,000ft winds at that height 95knots a new experience for me! But we did do a 500k out and return.
As usual I only think of photos after we have set out and then my camera phone is trapped in my pocket by the straps......
Justin and Nick climbing through 15,000ft in New Zealand (Nick Jones)
But I did manage to wriggle it out and took this shot, soon after this we started to climb at 14kts and Justin requested clearance to 22000ft. As we approached the ceiling we increased speed to 120kts but still had a very high rate of climb so deliberately moved out of the wave and finished the flight with a circuit of Alexandria and back to Omarama down through the roughest turbulence I have ever flown in.  - An amazing 3hr 45min flight. - Nick Jones