Tuesday 1st July - Comp Enterprise

String of pearls. Briefing was pulled forward by half an hour as Dave Masson predicted the best day of the year, I hope he was wrong. The task consisted of various turn points to the east and to the west into Wales, points were awarded for each turn point reached and a bonus for going to both east and west. 
I had planned to attempt a 500km going up to the north east then to the Brecon Beacons and back to NYM, however after launching it became apparent that it wasn't going to happen, after a slow 50km to the first turn point I hoped things would improve and shortened my task to 350km, however as the top cover came in, things got worse, I made it another 50km to a TP near Silverstone and decided to head back. 
I then got very low and had an awesome save near the TP and climbed up to 6000' thinking it would be easy to get home. I only needed another 4000' to be on glide but I never saw another climb. Just as I pushed the glide out as far as possible I was low over a little village, just as I got there the sun began to shine on this hill and I thought that it was going to kick off and I would be fine. I tried to hold on for as long as I could, but ended up landing, and by the time I talked to a wandering walker this massive Cumulus popped right where I was... 150km in total taking a little under 5 hours.(I would have been faster walking it). 
 
Comp Ent - Field number three - somewhere in Oxfordshire?

Muggles landed about 20km back from where I did after turning the same TPs, getting a aerotow retrieve from Bicester. - Liam