Friday 26th April

The second of our ad-hoc flying days this year with 7 members enjoying flights in their private gliders.
 Pete St in Discus 230 was the star of the day completing a 304 kms flight in testing conditions. North Hill - Dorchester - Dulverton - Melbury Bubb - Tiverton - North Hill

 Possibly my slowest 300 ever.
But here's the thing. When you fly from Devon(look at the geography), then factor in the 20kts+ NNW wind and the fact that you can only task E-W.
And there's more - having to cross the dreaded Somerset Levels 4 times. I feel I earned every one of these points today - in fact I reckon I've been done! On the final crossing of the Levels I had to run down to the S coast to avoid the sea air that had penetrated all the way South from Bridgwater bay in the North.
Of course these are just excuses for my own incompetence and thoughts are really with friends not so lucky today.



Wyn  in LS7 W7 completed 109kms exploring local turnpoints  and Ron and Phil in Ash25 711 completed 178kms Dorchester - Dulverton.