Thu 17 Jan - Predictions, promises and personal gain.

Driving to DSGC at 7:15 this morning I was trying to prepare my mind for a series of lectures that I was going to try and bumble through.

I had made the prediction that the day would be a wash out with low cloud and an unfavourable wind, mistake number one.

The Thursday crew were as usual rolling up with devoted predictability, included in this group was Adrian P. Adrian told us how he had managed 35 min on Wed, I bet him a pint that he could not repeat that feat today and promised to pay up, mistake number two!

And then there were the personal gains, Jonathon S had a 35 min flight just 7 min short for his 50 hours, it took another launch and an 8 min flight to secure his personal goal.

Paul M returned from a four month break to fly as if he never left, everyone was tested in the sometimes blustery southerly wind and they all coped well (that Pete H has been a good master).

There were many flights over 30 min with areas of zero sink or weak lift. As I left the club room for home Texas Tom our new treasurer was hoping that Adrian would somehow encounter a massive down-draft that would keep his own 37 min flight (the record at the time for the day) intact, sadly as I drove out the gate with darkness approaching I could see Adrian's teeth gleaming at 600 ft on the South ridge, OK OK I will buy you a pint!

Mark C