Sunday 15th - Davies Diary La Motte

An early morning walk to the top of the Jouere (1,886 m).
La Motte is the light strip just right of centre

Mistral is blowing and at 6.15 I take my launch in the K21-MC. Allowed to do the full launch and the climb on the Blanchere- a first for me. Great lift and a flight to the Gache, Lure (west of Sisteron) and then in some wave pushing N with 1 up until we reached 2600m . After being up for an hour or so and the sky was looking blank to me, Christian said it was time for some 'work'. Always a bad sign and a feeling of dread. Airbrakes out, until at 200m off the ground explored the land out fields near Sisteron. Then I was handed control and told to fly the 'ridge'. Heart in mouth I approached the L'Ubac. Kept the speed on and turned into 3 up which took us shooting over the mountain to Sisteron. Christian again took control, dropped down to view the castle and then gave control to me to head for the escape route of the Baume. Worked a treat and with three passes was flying back at 2000m with great height to get home. Lots more low cliff practice all the way back, with height for some aerobatics before landing at 8.30. Great training flight, but I still fly with my right wing down, and much to Christians amusement, I also do it when I am flying upside down! A habit he is trying to beat out of me from the back seat...a few more days and we will see.. - Wyn