Monday 16th - Davies Diary La Motte

 Start of week 2.  
Christian and I had the first launch of the day with blue thermals and a light NW wind, we struggled to get away from la Blachere but eventually made it away, the layer of inversion was low at 2600m and the ridges that normally worked weren’t doing anything. We made our way round the Parcours from Dormilouse to Cheval Blanc, and then back home, with our highest point of 3000m.  Still witha  bad cold my sinuses were blocked this caused me a problem a couple days ago, and at the start of the circuit I got a massive headache and pains, but it wasn’t enough for me to lose concentration. It was a struggle but a good flight still learning so much. - Dylan 

The wind is still from the NW sector and weaker than yesterday. Another evening flight but with very little wind and poor thermals. It took half an hour to gain 200 m to allow a try for the Jouere. The great thing about this flight was to see how low we could safely join a 'ridge' and have enough margin to escape if it failed. Quite stunning joining low and slowly clawing up the face of Jouere. So different from yesterday where it worked like a lift. Still, Christian insisted I fly low to Sisteron and use the 'stepping' stones he is getting me to trust to find my way home. Again with enough height for a loop and roll before landing into a stunning bright sun. - Wyn